Skip to content

Why in the world would anyone
hire A Thorough Guy?

International Code Council, Certified California Residential Building Inspector (most city/county jurisdictional inspectors are required to have this certification). B.S. Engineering degree from California State University Fullerton. Over 240 ‘A’ rated reviews on Angie’s List. Over 150 5 star reviews on YELP.

Is your inspector certified?

Because there is no licensing for Home Inspectors in California, you can call yourself a Home Inspector and perform an inspection today! Be comforted in knowing that A Thorough Guy is ICC certified as a CALIFORNIA RESIDENTIAL BUILDING, ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL and PLUMBING INSPECTOR.

No worries. 100% of the time.

Mike provides every client with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied with A Thorough Guy’s service following inspection, the fee is waived and you’re free to choose another inspector.

Hiring A Thorough Guy also comes with general on-site Errors & Omissions insurance (E&O), and Mike has never been named as a defendant in a lawsuit. With an unsurpassed level of confidence, is it any wonder why past clients and real estate professionals continually refer A Thorough Guy?

Over 20 Years Experience

Expectation. Exceeded.

You’ll receive:

  • A detailed and thorough home inspection of all items listed on CREIA’s Standards of Practice
  • A link to a PDF computer generated report with color pictures emailed to you the day of the inspection, usually within half an hour.
  • Comprehensive explanation of the findings with pictures at the conclusion of the inspection (not just a 10 minute summary) and unlimited consultation thereafter. For a typical single family residence this review usually takes at least an hour and has taken up to two and a half hours long. I will be there no matter how long it takes until you fully understand the severity of all my findings.

If your SFR roof materials (excluding HOA) are too high to evaluate from my ladder at the lower eaves and or can be easily damaged by walking on them from the lower level and there are areas that are not readily visible, I have an FAA Airman Certification to legally allow me to use a drone at MY discretion (if the property is not in a restricted airspace and weather permitting) to evaluate those areas. I do not charge extra for this service if needed.

Thoroughly convinced?

Great! Contact Mike at A Thorough Guy now.
The job is as good as done.